Register For Fall 2011 HerePre-register and guarantee your seat in The Plus Academy CHARLOTTE, the elite plus modeling training and development program dedicated to you!

Learn More

twitter

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Truth About the Brand of You

Fact #1: Nobody cares about you or your story except you and your story.

Fact #2: Your target audience simply wants to know what you can do for them.

It seems harsh but it's true. Consider how you shop.  You seek out the best sales, quality, name brand, etc.  Often we don't even care which retailer provides it as long as it's at the price we want it or the brand we prefer.  Think about how much you concern yourself with Rite Aid versus CVS or Target versus Walmart or Dollar General versus Family Dollar, Nordstrom versus Dillard's.  Not much at all. The main questions are "who has it" and "who has the best deal".

As you build the brand of "you", what are you offering to your target?  What are they seeking that you are providing or better yet, what unique attributes do you possess that they don't even know they need yet?  Personal branding has been a topic of great conversation.  Individuals attempt to brand themselves for entrepreneurship, dream jobs, and even to seek out a mate.  The question still remains the same.  As a business owner, the potential customer wants to know how your company can help them.  A new employer needs to know that their investment in training and hiring you will provide a high return by way of productivity, delegation, etc.  We all know that a new mate hopes their life will be enhanced and improved financially, emotionally, and spiritually by partnering with you.

You want to be a plus model?  There are a few hundred thousand plus size girls and women with the same aspiration and already tagging themselves such.  What makes you different?  What are you offering?  You have a nice website.  Check. You're on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, ModelMayhem.  Check, check, check, check. You're doing everything you're supposed to and so is everyone else.  What else 'ya got? Try stepping outside of the box.

Try these 3 simple Guerrilla marketing strategies*:

  1. Create your own t-shirt with a tagline (include your website). If people like it, they will buy it, and spread the word about you.
  2. Vlog (video blog) about your model training, casting call and fashion show experiences. (Only discuss the good.  Never discuss issues you had with anyone or anything. It's a small world after all and you don't want to be the bearer of bad news.  Trust me.) As you share information about your experiences, you help other models. You become a wealth of helpful information and useful content.
  3. This one will cost you a little.  Create your own iPhone application.  (Need help? Contact Helpfulnerd.com for specifics.)  Everyone loves a cool app that engages.
Now, go make a name for yourself!

-The Pretty Guerrilla

(Pssst...don't be afraid to leave a comment.  We care about what you have to say. :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

All three of those suggestions are great and I am already thinking of ways to make those happen. But what makes me unique from every other plus size model? Confidence, Love, Joy, and Determination to be the best because I am learning and will continue to learn from the best. What else makes me stand out is that I have been blessed with a gifting in my hands. I am able to bless others with my artistic gifts! From artwork hanging in someone's office, to edible artwork for a company celebrating an anniversary. Also, I can offer teaching lessons to those who have a desire to learn more about my artistic gifts!!

Anonymous said...

Danyell Cherece - It's always a blessing to have those helpful hints of ways to stand out more. Thank you Plus Academy :)I'm unique because my maker wanted it that way. I look and behave differently from everyone else in this world, but what is my wow factor? Yes I'm a singer, songwriter, producer and of course a model :), but what else is there? I leave a lasting impression wherever I go and I thank God for that.We all are unique in our own ways; however, only a select few make history. I am making history and will continue to be history in the making as I discover more of who I am and that there are no limits to who I will/can become! Thank God and again thank you Plus Academy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...